Saturday 9 July 2016

Part 18: Unexpected Plans Of Destiny


Chapter 18 • A day without you is like a year without rain

Armaan Mallik's P.O.V. 


"Have a safe flight!" I was about to sit in the car as my driver kept my suitcase in the trunk, when I turned around to see Riddhima waving. 

I'll miss you a lot!

I waved back and sat in the car with a heavy heart! I really don't want to leave. But why? Its not like she is my wife or something!

What am I even thinking?

But she'll be alone! Oh pssh—Annie and her granny will be with her! And then she has her friend Muskaan too!

********



"Oh my god so you know this ring was £25,000 and I was like oh my gosh!...." From the past two hours, since I have boarded the plane, Neha was talking as she was sitting beside me.

Yeah she is my friend, but sometimes, she can be really annoying. Unfortunately, I had gotten a seat next to her as Mom and Dad were sitting together, her parents were sitting together and Priya, Nithin, and Anaya were sitting on the three seats. It was Dad's private plane so he decided where to sit.

"Umm excuse me, I have to use the bathroom!" Getting exhausted, I excused my self and went to the bathroom.

*****************

"There must have been a mistake, I booked 5 family suites!" Dad lashed out on the receptionist who was nervously looking at him.

"But sir—I told you, there are only Three suits available! I am very sorry but we're full since Christmas is nearing. It is just 7 days away!" She explained but dad just glared at him.

"Okay do you have any suite with two rooms?" Nithin asked as Mom took dad to the lobby and made him sit down as is blood pressure was getting high.

"Yes sir! Should I cancel one family one and book the presidential suit? You'll have to pay a bit more!" She said typing into the computer.

"Yes please! Money is not a problem!" Nithin replied taking out his wallet.

"So now we have to decide who will go in which room" Shekar Singhania, dad's friend and Neha's dad said.

"Uncle, mom and dad can take one room, you and your wife can take one, and then the presidential suite, in one room, Nithin and I could take and the other one, Neha, Priya, and Anaya, can take!" I said while dad nodded and uncle also agreed.

"Wowwww! I didn't know my best friend was such a genius!" Nithin let out a lame joke as I swiped the card on our room's door. I passed a shut-up glare to him while Priya chuckled.

"What Nithin! Don't say that! Armaan is so smart and handsome!" Neha butted it making me roll my eyes.

I didn't know she can be so annoying!

***************************

"Yeah okay Rahul, I am letting you stay in my room, and you JUST have to take care of Riddhima! If I hear that you laid a finger on her I'll chop your hands off and will feed them to dogs!" I threatened him while my hands worked on my tie.

"Dude! Don't worry! She is all good!" I heard him laugh over the phone. I rolled my eyes and cut the call as he started to cook come non-sense like me being whipped and in love with Riddhima.

But we all know, all I have for her is attraction and lust!

Right?

"Woahhhh.....Who is this new chick Armaan? Another girl for you to mess around in bed?" Nithin came out of the bathroom, throwing the towel on the bed.

I glared at him and threw a pillow at him. He dodged it and I sat on the bed.

"She is not a chick! And I don't mess around anymore!" I snapped at him while he stared at me like he has seen a ghost or the Valak nun-demon from the conjuring 2. Suddenly, he fell beside me on the bed and started rolling in laughter making me confused.

"What?" I asked tired and exhausted.

"Dude! You know how hard you've have fallen for that girl! What is her name again–ah yes Riddhima! Oh my god! Armaan look at you! For her you're lashing out on your best friends, Rahul and me! You are totally whipped!" He said laughing.

"Get a life bro! I just lust her and I am her friend!" I said caressing my temple while he huffed and rolled his eyes.

"I too had the same thoughts before your sister came into my life! Come on Armaan! Don't play with girls' feelings! Their heart is like glass, once you break it, it won't get back together in the form it was before!" He seriously looked at me and told me.

"You know what, I'm really tired man!" I said and laid on the bed ignoring him as he sighed and went out of the room.

**********************

I looked at everybody swimming and having fun in the water. We were currently on the beach and everybody was having fun except me. I felt so restless.

"Missing her?" I turned to my right to see Nithin sitting next to me looking straight ahead at everybody playing.

"Hmm!" I said lost in Riddhima's thoughts.

"You know you're not Lusting her! You actually have fallen for her!" He said and I stared at him. Before I could say anything he got up and went towards Priya.

"Heyyyy Mamooo!" Anaya ran up to me and kissed my cheek. "Why aren't you swimming?" She asked in her cute little voice.

"I uh....don't know how to swim!" I lied to her on her face while her jaw dropped on the floor.

"It's okay! my teacher Riddhima will teach you!" She smiled showing her some of her teeth as some had fallen out.

"Hmmm that sounds like a good plan!" I smirked thinking about what she said. I mean I AM attracted to her and she friend zoned me. The only way to get close to her is 'becoming her student!'. I smirked and thought how I would execute my plan.

A day without you is like a year without rain, Riddhima!

**********************

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V

"Ma'am, I am sorry I can't let you out go to Gupta Residence!" It's been two days since Armaan left, and I'm here standing from past 15 minutes arguing with the guard to let me go home and visit dad.

"But why? Look I'll come back in like an hour" I whined pleading the guard holding my hands together while he just shook his head negatively. "fine! ON WHOSE ORDERS ARE YOU NOT LETTING ME VISIT MY OWN FATHER?" At last, getting annoyed I shouted at him thinking it'll help but all went in vain.

"What is happening over here?" We both turned around to see Rahul coming out of the mansion.

Well let me tell you, he has been here since Armaan left. According to him, Armaan sent him here to take care of Granny and me! Well I didn't budge talking to him since he is the reason my best friend is mot her usual self anymore!

"Nothing!" I glared and started to go in inside. As I walked past him, he held my hand and stopped me.

"What is wrong Riddhima? Come on! I am like your friend and you haven't talked to me since I came! I don't even know what I did! Please I really want to know you!" He said with and utmost serious face.

"She wanted to go to Gupta residence but Mr. Mallik has given me strict orders to let her go anywhere but that place!" The guard spoke before I could say anything.

"It's okay I'll take her!" Rahul said and the guard nodded opening the gate as Rahul unlocked his car.

I was about to say no but since my dear friend Armaan Mallik's guard wasn't allowing me so I had to agree. It was really quiet in the car, as Rahul tried to make a conversation but I gave him deadly glares. He even tried lame jokes on me but I didn't budge laughing even though some were kinda funny!

"Okay fine....here take my number in any case of emergency!" He handed me his card as I got of the car. As soon as he went off, I looked at the card. Muskaan's teary face kept playing in my mind as I read his name. I crushed the card in my hand and threw it in a plant's pot near the car. I was about to go in when I didn't find my car outside the garage so I walked over to the guard.

"Do you know where is my car?" I asked him as he nodded.

"After you left, your mom sold it since you'll not be needing it anymore!" He said and I nodded. I don't know what problem does this lady have with me! What wrong did I do to her apart from being her step daughter?

I walked into the house to see Rupali crawled up on the couch munching on strawberries. "Oh look whose here....My dear sis!" She got up and walked towards me. Her voice had pure hatred dripping from it for me.

"Please do tell me who have you the permission to enter my home?" She smiled and asked.

"Rupali this is my home too if you forgot! I'm the eldest daughter of this house!" I said looking at her. She glared at me and started laughing.

"Oh my.....eldest daughter....nice joke Riddhima! But as far as I remember, you were even less than a maid in this house! And now you declare yourself as the eldest daughter of this house!" She gritted her teeth. My vision started to blur and I could feel the pain in my stomach.

"Just tell me....WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH? ALL MY LIFE I SACRIFICED FOR THIS FAMILY'S HAPPINESS! I MADE SURE NO ONE FELT BAD BECAUSE OF ME! WHAT IS MY FAULT, THAT I AM YOUR STEP SISTER?" I shouted at her, as hot tears rolled down my eyes.

"Your fault is that you are the daughter of that woman who came in between Me and Shashank years ago! We loved each other but your mom came in between us!" I turned around to see my step mother glaring at me with her arms crossed. "But see, she committed a sin coming in between us so God punished her, he took her life once she gave birth to you!" She laughed mocking me while I felt nothing but just a laughing stock . I don't even know, why at this point, I am alive?

"I am here to see dad!" I whispered and ran to his study. Before I entered I saw him searching a few stacks of albums.

"Dad!" I tried to speak normally but my voice came out teary. He turned around and looked at me. Without thinking anything I ran and threw myself in his arms. At this point, I don't care what he thinks! All my life I yearned was his love but all I got was nothing. I never got his attention.

"Why are you crying dear?" He parted himself from me and held me from my arms looking at me. "Tell me did that bastard hurt you? Did he force himself on you?"

I surprisingly looked at him. For the first time I saw concern for me in his eyes. For the first time, in my whole entire life, I saw him worried for me.

"I promise you sweetie! I'll pay him back soon! About 25% of the debt he has on me is paid, I'll pay the rest soon!" He said cupping my face as tears made their way down from my eyes. Tears formed in his eyes but he blinked them back.

"Can...Can I hug you dad....please?" I said in a teary voice, standing helpless. He nodded and I threw my body into him, hugging him tightly. I felt hands wrapping around my body and I felt blissful to feel the warmth I never felt. Today, for the first time, my father hugged me back.

I am the happiest person alive today!

Suddenly, I felt his grip around me loosening. What is wrong? As soon as I parted away from him, his body fell on the chair behind him.

He fainted!

Oh my god!
**************************

Hey guys! So this is a very long update and I know I didn't update since a very long time, sorry about that its just I've been a bit busy these days!

I try my best to write a long chapter for all of you. I have to think a lot and put everything aside to write this and all I get is a few likes/votes? I know some of of you comment but some of you don't? I mean please It takes a lot of effort to write and think. It is not easy being a writer. Please appreciate the effort and comment! I need to know your reviews about the story, bad and good! So I can make the story better!

Please do Comment and tell how do you like the story so far?

❤️Humaira

No comments:

Post a Comment