Sunday 3 July 2016

Part 17: Unexpected Plans Of Destiny

Chapter 17 • Before it is too late!
Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V
Oh my god! 
I've never been so embarrassed in my life before, like no joke! As soon as Annie came in, he took his phone and ran upstairs while both of just stared at Each other in awkwardness. 
"Lets gets you dried up sweetie!" Annie walked towards me, picking up the towel which had earlier fell on the floor. She wrapped it around me and both of walked towards my room. 
"I'll take out your PJs, go and have a relaxing bath." She said walking into my closet as I nodded and ran towards the bathroom. Locking the door, I stripped out of my bathing suit and went in the shower. 
After taking a nice warm shower, I was about to open the curtain and come out when I heard the door click. Wait–I locked the door, no?
Oh Sugar! 
There are two doors in this bathroom, one that leads to his room and the other that leads to mine! I peeked through the shower curtain to see him bare-chested as he took off his shirt, and threw it on the floor over my bathing suit without even noticing it. My eyes widened as he was about open his pants' button.
"ARMAAN DON'T!!!!!" I screamed out loud closing my eyes and hiding myself behind the curtain. 
"What the f*ck?" He swore. 
"Riddhima!" He muttered under his breath and went out the bathroom as I heard the door close. 
Phew! 
Great! Another embarrassing moment! Now I can never face him! First the kiss, and now this! 
********************
I slowly walked downstairs into the living room, taking baby steps, making sure that I don't see him. Still looking at the empty living room, I tip toed into the kitchen.
"Need anything dear?" I jumped at the voice and looked ahead to see Annie taking out a cup. 
"Jesus! Annie!" I let out a breath as she chuckled. I walked towards her and sat on the counter as she made coffee. 
"Wanted something?" She asked as I played with my shirt's last button.  
"Yeah! I wanted some coffee you know, feeling just a bit cold!" I said wrapping both of my arms around my body, shuddering as my wet hair on my neck weren't helping. "Hey since you're making coffee for yourself, would you mind making me one?" I asked smiling. 
"Actually, this is for Armaan! And yeah I'll make you one!" She smiled and nodded. 
"Here take your coffee, and give this to Armaan also!" She handed me a tray with two cups. 
"Uh-Annie, would you um give him his actually I-" I started off as sweat beans formed on my forehead but was cut my her. 
"You're embarrassed about what happened earlier right? Don't be its happens when two people are attracted to each other! And it will always be awkward if you two don't clear it out. So take this and go clear everything out before he leaves!" She said cleaning the island counter. 
"Wait—he is leaving? Where?" I asked, as a doubt was in my mind that he might be leaving with his whole family to Maldives as his sister told me. 
"He is going on a family vacation, to Maldives! He'll be back after two weeks." She said as she turned off the lights and both of us came outside the kitchen. 
So I was right! 
He is going! 
"But, Annie how will I face him!" I frowned and pouted while she shook her head.
"Fine I'll go with you!" She said as I sighed. 
*************************
"Who is it?" We both heard Armaan as the door of his room was closed. My hands started to tremble and my whole body was sparked with electricity. God this is so embarrassing. How will I face him? 
First the kiss and the bathroom fiasco! 
God! 
I hate you Armaan Mallik!
Why did you have to make one bathroom that leads to both of our rooms or why couldn't you just simply give me another room? 
"It's me Armaan, I brought coffee!" Annie said while she told me to open the door as she held the tray. 
I opened the door to see his back towards us. He had a huge suitcase placed on his bed, and he was throwing his stuff in there. 
God!!
Is that how you pack?
And what is he going for two years?
Such a huge suitcase! 
Huh! 
And they say girls have a lot of stuff! 
He was about to turn when I made my run towards my room. I can't face him right now! My heart was about to come out of my rib cage! 
I quickly locked the door, and went under the covers on my bed. I tightly closed my eyes and and waited for some kind of knock or anything. 
********************* 
I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, I was sweating badly, since the cover was on my face. Wait did I just dose off? I looked around and everything was in order except the light was turned off. Maybe Annie turned it off. 
I got up and walked to the bathroom. 
Yup! I locked both doors this time! 
I tried to switch on the light but it wasn't working. Maybe Annie needs to change the light bulb! I splashed cold water on my face to wash off the sweat and open my eyes. 
I checked the time on my phone. I've slept for hardly 20 minutes. I took my t-shirt off, leaving me in just my pyjamas and a grey spaghetti tank top. 
Wait! I locked the door, then how did Annie come in to shut the lights?
I went and clicked the light button on, but no light was coming. 
Is there like no light coming in my room? 
I quickly got my phone and turned on the flash light. I slowly walked downstairs, carefully taking each step. 
Did I mention, I'm scared of the dark! 
Great!
My phone's battery just died and now I am all alone! Should I go to his room? Oh shut up Riddhima! 
I walked into the kitchen and there was no light! So the light of the whole house is gone? I opened some drawers trying to find a candle, when I sensed someone behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a tall figure entering the kitchen. 
I don't wanna die tonight! 
I grabbed a frying pan and walked ahead, with all the power blocking my phobia against the dark! As the killer approached me, I stood prepared to hit the pan on his head. 
"Ouch...f*ck!" The killer swore as I hit the pan hard on his arm, unfortunately. I aimed for the head but whatever. 
He fell down, sliding his back on island counter. Wait—I've heard this voice before. 
"Owww Riddhima!" he cried. 
Oh My God! 
I hit Armaan! 
Oh Sugar! 
I quickly ran towards the fridge and opened the freezer. Quickly grabbing an ice pack and ran towards him. Sitting next to him on the floor, I lightly pressed the ice pack on his arm. 
"I am so so so sorry! I really didn't mean to! I thought you were a killer and you to kill me so I grabbed the pan and did whatever came in my mind but please trust me I really-" I started to speak as fast as I could. I felt horrible about what I did earlier. 
Curse my phobia of dark! 
I mean I could have asked who is there but no! I HAD to be a hero and bang the pan on his arm. Thank God I didn't hit him on the head! That would have been worse! 
"Hold it!" He stopped me by putting a finger on my lip as he lowered his body and placed his head into my lap.
"Wh-what are you doing?" I asked as my tummy had butterflies flying in it.
"Please just for a bit!" He murmured as I nodded, pressing the ice pack on his arm.
For a few minutes, the time passed in utter silence, nothing could be heard. 
"I'm sorry for earlier! I shouldn't have-" He started to speak making me look at him but as soon as I laid my eyes on him he stopped.
"What? For the kiss or the bathroom fiasco?" I asked looking away trying to hide my Crimson red cheeks although you couldn't see anything in the dark, but still it wouldn't do any harm staying on the safer side! 
"Both!" He said in a low and guilty voice. 
"It's okay...um I uh also..." I started to speak but my heart was beating so fast that I couldn't find my words. I sighed and took a deep breath as he bent his head a bit and looked at me. "Its not entirely your fault! I um..forgot to lock the door and I also didn't object when you asked for permission!" I said pushing a strand of hair behind my hair. 
"So um..there is this family trip I'm going on! To Maldives! I uh...will be back in two weeks!" He said while my smiled faded as I remembered I'll be all alone in this huge house. 
"Umm yeah! I kinda know! Umm your sister...I mean Priya, Anaya's mom told me!" I said. 
"So you know?" He asked while I let out a small 'hmm'. 
"Umm I just wanted to apologize about whatever happened today before it is too late! 
"It's okay! It was totally accidental!" I smiled. 
The rest of the time we just talked, him laying in my lap and me pressing the ice pack on his arm. 
********************
Do comment and vote! 
Next chapter will show some Gupta family moments and some Mallik and Singhania Family ones! So STAY TUNED!!!!
Do tell how was the chapter by commenting! :) 
<3 Humaira 

No comments:

Post a Comment