Wednesday 1 February 2017

Part 24: Unexpected Plans of Destiny:


Chapter 24 • Who Is Riddhima's Fiancé?
Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V
I was feeling so embarrassed right now, Armaan and Neha were staring at me. She was looking confusingly at me while Armaan just eyed my body. 
Honestly I felt like killing myself. I can't even explain how stupid and weird I was feeling right now. 
"What the hell are you doing in a wedding dress?" Neha asked annoyingly in her high pitched voice. I rolled my eyes mentally and took a sigh. 
"Actually Riddhima was looking for a wedding dress too!" Priya popped in from behind giving me an assuring look. 
"And why?" Neha asked again this time glaring at me. 
"Actually Neha! Riddhima had to buy a dress for herself but then your shitty wedding popped in and since Armaan is her dear friend, she delayed her wedding!!" I felt a hand on my waist and I looked to my right to see Muskaan standing smirking. 
"WEDDING?!" Neha and Armaan screamed, with their eyes widened. 
I just looked like I was the last one to about my wedding and who—who the heck is my fiancé!
"Anyways! Neha did u finally choose your dress?" Muskaan said rolling her eyes changing the subject. Armaan looked like he had been hit with a car. 
"Yeah! Look its so sexy!" She said annoyingly and excitedly. It was the same too-much revealing dress. Oh god! Why did she try on the other dress of she wanted to buy this dress? 
Armaan without giving any reaction turned around and took out his credit card paying for Neha's dress. 
"So you guys want to buy the second dress?" The consultant asked. 

"No actually! We want to know her fiancé's choice too so.." This time Priya replied. 
After paying, Neha left in her dad's car while Priya took her car in which All us girls came except Muskaan. 
"Muski can u drop me home?" I asked and before Muskaan could reply Mr Jerk butted in. 
"Actually Riddhima we have somewhere else's to go!" Armaan said taking my hand and dragging me outside. While I was being dragged, I looked back and Muskaan winked at me showing her tongue. 
*************************
"Where are we going?" I asked as Armaan kept driving and I was sitting oblivious to the destination we were heading to.
"Dinner!" He said smilingly. 
Okayyy....
Something is definitely wrong with him. He is smiling! I thought he was jealous. His face was worth watching when Muskaan mentioned my unknown fiancé. 
"Why?" I asked curiously eyeing him suspiciously. Something is fishy here!
"What do you mean why? You helped Neha and me a lot with the wedding preparations so I owe you a dinner." He said smiling at me. 
****************************
"So who is the guy?" He asked me giving the menu back to the waiter after ordering Fried shrimps, and Hot and Sour soup for starter dishes. We were currently at a famous Chinese cuisine. 
I stared at him bewildered. What was he talking about?
"What?" I asked confusingly making him roll his eyes. 
"You don't have to pretend anymore! The guy you're going to marry?" He asked as the waiter poured wine for us in the big wine glasses with a beautiful silver rim design.
Dude how am I gonna tell him who is the guy when I don't know myself who is the guy?! My life sucks so bad!!!! 
"Hello!!!" He snapped his fingers in front of me as I zoned out. 
"Hmm...yeah!" I replied trying to remember what we were talking about—oh yeah my future husband. "Oh yeah...um my fiancé? Ah.." I was about to make up something when he showed me his hand. 
"It's okay...I'll probably read it on the your wedding's invitation like a guest like I got to know about your fiancé this late! Let's just talk about something else!" Armaan taunted me making my smile fade. Why is reacting like this? 
The rest of the dinner went with him talking about his business. Whenever I tried to tell him about something he would just taunt back and say he's not important to me so I shouldn't be telling him everything. God he's such a drama queen. 
***************************
The dinner was delicious except the talks. They were bitter and full of taunts. We were now driving home and the moon was shining bright in the sky amongst the beautiful stars. A song was playing in a low volume in the radio while we were both silent. He didn't bother to talk while I didn't feel like hearing more of his taunts. 
He's acting so abnormal! Like he's on his period! Only if he knew there's no fiancé of mine! God! Please help me! I swear as soon as we get home, I will change and head straight to Muskaan's apartment and have a nice discussion about my so called fiancé. About Muskaan, how did she subside her anger on me? I made a mental note to talk to her about this issue too! And this time I better tell her that I told Rahul about her—I mean their baby! She should know about it! I ain't keeping anymore secrets from her! 
Suddenly the car stopped and I looked at Armaan. He expression was also confused like mine like he had no idea what was going on. He twisted the keys again and tried to start the car again but again it didn't work. 
"What happened? Did the gas run out?" I asked curiously while he tried to start the car again. 
"No! I just filled it up this morning!" He said confusingly. He pressed the button of the trunk to open it and he ran outside, running fast towards the trunk. He took out an umbrella as it was raining very heavily outside. He went and opened the bonnet. 
I got out of the car also and went and stood next to him. In a few seconds, I was all wet! Not that I mind rain. I love rain it's just I'm not loving it now because i'm wearing a dress and plus its really cold. 
I looked at him expecting him to do something but he just stood there with umbrella in his one hand and the other hand on his head scratching it. 
"Whatt? What are waiting for? Fix it!" He said looking at me as he saw me staring at him. Is she kidding me? He want's a woman to fix his car when he already is there. What kind of gentleman is he? Jerk!
"Are you serious?" I asked him. First he takes me out on dinner all happy, then he gives me unnecessary attitude, and now he is asking me to fix his car. He is such a rich spoilt brat! 
"I...don't know how to fix a car!" He muttered giving me a embarrassed smile. I shook my head and checked the car. 
"Owww!" The car had heated up and I just ended up burning my finger. I can't fix this here. 
"Are you okay?" Armaan quickly turned me around and grabbed my finger. I nodded. It was so cold! My while body was shivering. 
"Yeah!" I whispered as he blew on my finger to subside the pain. Our body was so close. 
He slowly leaned in towards me closing his eyes. His warm breath was fanning on my lips. My heart started to beat really fast as if it would come out right now! His hands slowly found their way on my waist. Butterflies rose in as he Lips brushed mine. We were about to kiss just when both of us heard a car's screech loud enough. Loud enough to break our moment. 
Oh god! 
He is engaged and I'm kissing him! You're so stupid Riddhima. He is not yours yet! So control! Plus I don't even know if he really likes me.
We both pulled away and I awkwardly slipped out of his embrace as before my back was resting on the car while he was in front of me. 
We looked at our side so see a man roll his window down. It was Steve. 
"Ridz?" He questions. He probably didn't see us almost kissing through the heavy rain. 
"Yeah hi— Um what are you doing out here?" I asked confusingly rubbing my arms as I was cold. He got out of the car and took off his coat and put it on my shoulders quickly. 
"I can give her mine!" Armaan glared at him trying to take his coat off my shoulders but I stepped aside. 
"You're blazer is already wet! She is going to get more cold!" Steve glared at him. What is wrong with both of them. "Come I'll give you both a ride home!" He said sighing. We both went and sat in his car. Armaan sat with him in tue front and I sat in the back. 
*************************
"Thank you!" Armaan said and got off the car. I didn't get off because I had told Steve to drop me off to Muskaan's. Armaan didn't answer anything but stayed silent.
Attitude problems! 
Soon we reached Muskaan's condo building. I thanked Steve and gave him back his coat. The rain had stopped now! 
I went into the elevator and pressed the fifth floor where Muskaan lives. The elevator opened and I walked towards her apartment. I pressed the bell and waited for her to open the door. 
It has been past five minutes but no one was opening the door. I know she was awake as I could hear the TV on from the inside. Muskaan always kept a key under a carpet in front of her door so I decided to open it with that. 
The next I saw shocked me to my wits.
I wish that I hadn't seen it, because what my eyes saw was totally unexpected and unbelievable. 
******************************
Hey beautiful people!!!!!
Here I am with the update! 
This time I gave u a fast update! In a week or u can say less then a week! 
Please do comment and vote/like. 
I'm really happy because on Wattpad my story has reached #15 in Romance! Thank you so much for all of your support!
<3 Humaira 

No comments:

Post a Comment