Thursday 15 December 2016

Part 23: Unexpected Plans of Destiny



Chapter 23 • Love Confessed

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V. 


"She has your child in her womb Rahul!" I said. 

"WHAT?" He screamed and got up. His eyes bulged out because of shock and his mouth was wide open in big O.

"Look please calm down! I know it's not easy being a father at am early age—" I stood up trying to explain to him but he showed me his hand and his face held a deadly gaze.

"Why didn't she tell me?" He asked in a hoarse voice. Oh god! He is angry! 


"Look Rahul, she didn't want you to get mad at her, and she knew once she told someone, the whole world would know and rumours would start about you two! Her family is not that liberal and if it came in news that you guys are having a baby before marriage, her dad is going to have a heart attack. Muskaan belongs to a very poor family. Her mom and dad live in India, and every month she sends them money. Imagine, when they would receive this news, how will they show their face in society over there?" I asked him as he started to pace back and forth rubbing his temple. I know now is the time that he knows everything about Muskaan. Not many people know about her private life and family.

"But Riddhima it's common to have babies these days before marriage?" Rahul knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Dumbo! This is United States! India is not that forward now! People are very judgemental there! Everybody knows what is going on in the others' house. My business in India would be some local store's woman's business too! India is not that liberal and so aren't their families, specially Muskaan's!" I explained to him as I sensed his anger dying down.

"But Riddhima you are my best friend and my sister, why didn't you tell me?" Rahul whined.

"I'm sorry Rahul! I had no choice! Muskaan, at that time, was really mentally unstable and I was also against you!" He chuckled at the last line.

"Rahul...um after knowing everything, are you, are you going to leave her? I mean it would be a huge blow to your casanova-like reputation!" I hesitantly asked.

"You know Riddhima, when I was a little kid, I always dreamt of my queen! I always wanted a girl and in my life who would be only mine! Who would wait for me at home. Who I could spoil! And I STILL want that. But now I got that girl, and she is Muskaan! Yes! I LOVE HER!" He said truthfully looking at me. "And about my one night stands, that is every king's favourite hobby" he laughed and winked at me making me smack him.

"Don't you dare cheat on her after you guys are together!" I warned him showing my index finger. Muskaan doesn't know what kind of a gem she had gotten in life.

"Cross my heart and hope to die, I promise I won't ever ever ever do that!" Rahul said like a kid making me chuckle.

"What are you? A five year old?" I joked looking at him.

He chuckled and took a sip from his bottle.

*******************************

"What do you think of this dress Riddhima?" Neha said as she twirled in front of me. She was wearing a beautiful white wedding gown with a see-through corset. It had a lot of stone work on it.

This woman needs to calm down! That is too much showing of flesh in this dress. Is this woman really trying to show off everything?

"Ummm...No I think that is too much flesh-showing Neha! To be honest!" I said as Neha pouted.

"But then how will I seduce Armaan!" She pouted and whined making Priya's eyes widened. She quickly covered Anaya's ears and glared at Neha.

Priya, Armaan's sister and I, were currently at a bridal designer shop, helping Neha decide her wedding dress. Armaan had practically begged me to accompany her as his sister didn't want to be alone with that b*tch botox queen. I know I'm swearing, but she stole my man from me. I have already a lot of things gotten stolen from me in the past, My mom, My dad, my home! Not my man now!

Yes I LOVE ARMAAN MALLIK! To the moon and back! But the sad truth is he only is my friend. I wish I had gave in to his desires when we first met, at least we would be dating right now, even though it would be fake on his part, but still!

Rahul and Armaan were at a groom's fitting store near the designer's shop. So I could just practically walk down the street and strangle that man to death.

Neha walked back in the changing room and I excused myself from Priya and went out of the shop and walked over to the shop where Armaan and Rahul were.

"Hello? Where is Mr Mallik?" I asked the tall guy at the receptionist. Before he could answer, I heard my name being called and I turned around to see Rahul waving at me.

I ran up to him and looked around feeling a bit uncomfortable. I was the only woman standing in this mens' store!

"Tell Armaan that it is time to ask for his last wish! Because after today, he would be breathing in a grave! I swear I'll kill that bitch Neha!" I gritted my teeth while Rahul gave me an amusing smile.

"Why? Are you jealous of her?" Rahul winked at me making me smack his arm.

"Actually I am! I LOVE him! And I can't stand him being someone else's! This time no one will take something from me which only belongs to me!" I said emphasizing on the word 'love'.

"About Time! Thank god you finally agreed! No go from here before he comes downstairs, we'll see what we're gonna do with this matter! I promise you! I'll get you your love!" Rahul said seriously. I nodded at him and gave a quick hug before going back to him.

***************************

We're sitting in this stupid designer shop since the past two hours. The boys got down an hour ago and they left because Armaan had a meeting and Rahul had to go somewhere but Priya and I were stuck with this stupid Neha.

"Arghhhhh! Why can't she a find a dress!" I murmured under my breath but to my dismay, Priya heard me. She probably doesn't like me because I'm talking bad about her future sister-in-law.

"Don't worry, I feel the same way, you feel about her! You know? Even mom hates her! Its just dad who wanted to get Armaan married. Mom is so against this relationship." She whispered to me while I smiled.

"Mom I'm hungry!" Anaya made a puppy face looking at Priya.

"Little monster can't you shush! We have a real problem going on here!" Neha rolled her eyes making me furious. The poor kid looked like she was about to cry any moment now by her mean reply. I mean who would want a mean aunt like this in the future?

"Neha thats not how you speak to kids!" I glared at her while she just ignored me and looked at her long-witch-type nails.

"It's okay Riddhima!" Priya held my hand and took me to the dresses section. "She will take a whole day deciding lets just pass our time by trying on Dresses?" She winked at me making me chuckle.

"Not a bad idea! But only the brides are allowed to try it on!" I told her confusingly but she winked at me and pulled me along.

********************

Seriously?

"Seriously Priya!" I said to her while I was standing in a satin robe in the changing room along Priya waiting for the bridal consultant to bring on the dresses.

"Oh come on! They saw Anaya with me so probably I can't be the bride and I'm not even old to be renewing my vows so its only you who can fake-bride right now! Plus you got that ring on your finger which you're gonna tell me later about!" Priya smirked making me pout.

During this little time, We became really good friends. She was nothing like her brother. She was full of confidence, unlike me. I wish I could be like her, a perfect life, a perfect family, loyal husband!

The consultant brought in the dresses. One dress was a beautiful plain white net dress with longs net sleeves.

I tried on the dress and it actually looked very nice on my body. I felt so weird but at the same time I felt so happy. I felt like this dress was meant for me and I didn't want to take it off.

"So how do you feel?" Priya asked as I twisted my body checking myself in the mirror.

"I feel... wonderful!" I said observing my whole body. From my feet, to my shoulders.

"So you wanna buy it?" The Consultant asked me. Without thinking, I slowly nodded and before I could realize she ran out to make the bill.

"Are you serious? Oh my god I love this dress! Thank god you decided to buy it!" Priya explained happily.

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"You just agreed to buy the dress!?" Priya told me confusingly. 

Oh no! I ran outside, without thinking.

"Excuse me wait!" I ran after her, but she just ran over to the counter.

As I screamed her name again, everybody turned around, including the couple paying at the counter; Armaan and Neha.

Oh god!

***************************

Hey beautiful people!

So I'm back with a long long update! Please ignore the grammatical mistakes. I didn't really get a good response on the last update but I do want a good one on this!

Like/Vote & Comment!
<3 Humaira

No comments:

Post a Comment