Sunday 27 November 2016

Part 22: Unexpected Plans of Destiny



Chapter 22 • Armaan, The Jerk

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.


Oh no I just didn't!!!

Muskaan is going to kill me! They were both in a state of shock right now.

"I'm so so sorry Muski...!" I slowly said in a low voice.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE THE WORST BEST FRIEND EVER! TODAY THE WHOLE DAY I HAD TO LISTEN TO ALL YOUR RUDE SHIT AND NOW YOU PLAN TO SPILL ALL OF MY FUCKING SECRETS?! WOW RIDDHIMA! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She shouted at me angrily while Rahul just stood their all shocked not knowing what to do! I could feel my heartbeat getting fast. An angry Muskaan is like a volcanic eruption.

"You Know what? I'm done with you!" She gritted and took her small suitcase and her bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Back to New York!" She screamed at me! 


The closed with a thud. And she was gone! What have I done? She is never going to forgive me!

All of a sudden, I felt someone hugging me. Rahul hugged me tightly. "OH MY GOD!!!! I can't believe she likes me back!!!!!!!!!" He shouted happily.

"Oh my god thanks Riddhima!" He kissed my cheeks happily and left me. He started roaming around the whole room screaming and shouting happily.

"Done?" I asked him after he was done running around. He sighed and fell on my bed with a dreamy smile.

"Now are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I glared at him who was now looking like a love sick puppy.

Before he could speak, we heard a loud shrill of his phone. I groaned in annoyance because I wanted to know why he was acting so strange but he has to attend his stupid call.

***************************

One week later

It had been one week and we couldn't find a suitable condo for me. After a lot of search we found one yesterday. Rahul paid for it and now I have to just go and get the keys from the owner.

Rahul had to come back to New York because obviously he had a business to run. In this one week, Rahul and I became really close. I learnt a few things about him and he learnt some about me.

I learned that his parents were best friends of Armaan's parents before they died in a plane crash on their way to India when Rahul was fifteen. From that time, Armaan's parents supported him.

"Hey Steve!" I smiled hugging my second best friend.

"Hey Ridzi! Where were you? You didn't come to work since the past one week?" He said as he dried off his hands with a cloth. He was changing the oil of a car before I came.

"Ah Steve, actually I'm resigning! I'm moving to Buffalo in a few days! You know I kept my savings in your bank locker! So please..." I said but he cut with a stern look and a show of his hand.

"How can you? How can you do this to me?" Steve said in anger and placed his right hand on his chest! His face showed hurt, anger, and frustration.

"Steve–" I tried to speak but he started sobbing making me confused. Wasn't he angry just a minute ago?

"How can you do this to me Riddhima Gupta?" He said in a fake sad voice, saying my name's pronunciation in a totally different way; Reedhema Gupta. "How could you leave your best friend?" He continued his melodrama.

Oh now I get it! He was just acting. I rolled my eyes and walked towards him giving him a tight smack on his arm.

"What is gonna happened to—OW woman? Geez control!" He winced while I looked at him with my scrutinizing gaze.

"Okay okay! I'm just sad but I'm happy for you!" He smiled and I gave him a hug.

***************************

"Hey!" I said to Armaan who was sitting in the garden area, all dressed up in his formals. As usual.

"Hi! Get ready! We're going shopping today! I have to buy an engagement ring for Neha! And I don't know what girls like. So I'm taking you along!" He spoke fast grabbing my hand and taking me towards his red Lamborghini Aventador. Before I could protest, he made me sit the car and shut the door.

"Remind me again why am I helping you?" I rudely snapped at him while he gave me a confused look because of my rude tone.

"Because you are my friend!" He said putting the key in the ignition and starting it.

Friend?

Again? Friend zoned?

Wow!

Friend's don't kiss you on your lips, friends don't lust you, friend's don't blackmail your family.

"Hold on, are you getting jealous of MY FUTURE WIFE!" He smirked putting his Gucci Sun-glasses on. His words made my mouth open in a big wide O.

My future wife!

He is so keen on getting married? And I here thought he loved me!

"Why would I get jealous Armaan! I'm your FRIEND! Right?" I gave him a sweet smile, if you know what I mean!

***************************

We were currently standing in the most expensive jewelry shop, Tiffany and co.

So many rings were kept in front of us while we stood in front of the counter. The rings were so beautiful. Every ring had it's own beauty and elegancy.

Armaan was talking to the lady about some special rings with engravings in them when my eyes landed on a beautiful piece of art. The ring was made in a beautiful silver round shape. It had a big red ruby the middle, with a little shiny diamonds surrounding it's circumference.

My gaze on the ring was broken when Armaan picked up that ring and looked at it. "Wow! Nice choice Riddhima! I think this will really look nice on Neha!"

Great! The ring I like, Neha will be wearing it! The man I love, she will be getting married to him. The love I deserve, she will be getting it. Just great! Thank you so much god!

"But how will I know her size?" Armaan frowned thinking while I just sighed. I just wanted this thing to get over fast.

Suddenly I felt my left hand being grabbed and something round and cold slipped in my left–engagement finger. Armaan put a ring on my finger!

Did I just get engaged?

"Armaan! What are you doing?" I bewilderedly asked him trying to get my hand out of his grip.

"What? I'm just trying to see what it actually looks like on a hand? I like it!" He said smilingly while the false hope died in my heart.

He tried to take the ring of my finger, making my heart sink. Of course he wants this ring off my finger! Its Neha's ring!

I felt a sharp pain in my finger. The ring wasn't coming off. After trying he just it let it be, but now, I wanted that ring off my finger.

"It this your size? Size 7?" He asked me while I nodded. If this is my size why isn't it coming off?

I shut my eyes tight as the pain was increasing in my finger as I tried to pull this meaningless ring off, but the ring didn't budge.

"Riddhima what are you doing? It is going to hurt you! Riddhima stop!" Armaan kept speaking but I turned my deaf ears towards him. Tears started to form in my eyes because of the sharp pain.

"Riddhima leave it!" Armaan said grabbing my hand and pushing the ring back. My whole finger had turned red.

"I'll buy another one!" Armaan said and walked over to pay for thus ring which refused to come off my finger.

*******************************

"Hey Rahul!" I said in a low voice as I walked over to the swimming pool. He waved and acme out of the swimming pool grabbing the towel.

"Why did you call me?" I asked him as he came and sat down beside me on one of the chairs. I was looking down as I was feeling really tired after what happened today. After dropping me off home, Armaan left for his office while Rahul called me here.

"Woah! What IS THAT?" I looked up at Rahul confusingly. I followed his gaze down to my ring which was shining.

"Um-" I tried to speak but I was cut of by him.

"Not cool! You get engaged and I don't know?" He asked surprisingly. "But who is the lucky man?" Rahul teased me, making me smile.

It's been a while I smiled. Before he got the wrong idea, I recounted him everything.

"So this is the story? I was getting excited for nothing! But don't you think all of this is a meaning? A sign by god that you two are meant to be with each other? Armaan, a arrogant, bossy, ruthless billionaire and Riddhima, a sweet, lovely girl! You two are perfect for each other!" Rahul said sighing while I rolled my eyes.

"Rahul we're not in a cliché movie or novel! Anyways why did you call me hear?" I asked him sighing.

His expressions changed from normal to very very serious. Okaaaay....

"I want to know EVERYTHING about Muskaan! Every secret! I know, that I and Muskaan had a one-night stand once! After that what made her hate me?" Rahul's words gave me an ultimate shock! He knew about him and Muskaan? Did he know about the baby too?

"Okay....after you guys ummm...had......had sex, one month later Muskaan started to feel the symptoms of a pregnant woman. When we got her checked, the test was positive." I sighed and told him the truth while he just looked at me without blinking.

"She had you child in her womb Rahul!" I said.

"WHAT?" He screamed and got up.

******************************

Hey lovely people!
I know I'm very late but this time I actually wanted to write a nice and proper part for you. A lot of people aren't liking my story so I just decided to STOP writing it but than I thought that it would kinda unfair for those who actually want to read it. So I thought, F my laziness and lets get writing Humi dear. I spent the whole night writing this piece. So if it's kinda shitty, please bear it this time.

Heheheheh I know all of you, are angry at me but sorrry!!! I wanted to write a nice part before another person came up to me and say how shitty my story is getting. I'm not complaining! I do like it when people give their reviews!

Please do give your reviews!
Like/Vote, Comment, and share!
Love Humaira

No comments:

Post a Comment